For the continued production of my pots and book everything was done with tangible elements so please see my physical development.
By using cardboard I have been able to make my pots quickly as I already developed folding methods through the moulds that I made. I have used a flower like fold for the top which I have been testing when I was making my material. To fully enclose the top I have a lid I which tears off. I tested this on a cup as seen above.
I have decided that to develop my pot material I will need a lot more time than I have. As a substitute to this I will be using cardboard as it works in a same way and is readily available and easy to use.
New mould for my pot material, made a black one also so that once material is patted to the outside the second mould can be pressed down. Unfortunately these have to be plastic because they have very wet material pressed over them. But they will be able to be permanent and make lots of pots. The mould is pretty quick to make the pattern above is the bottom with all of the sides in a row which are then scored and folded round. It’s joint together with Duct Tape.
My First pot test, made from a wooden mould, unfortunately the material wasn’t made thick enough and even with wax on the mould it still stuck to it. Will need to make a mould that is more water proof. Also the shape of the pot needs to be more symmetrical and smaller.
Set up for week 6. This is what my front page will look like only in poster form.
Just some inspiration for my packaging. looking at how other people have done similar things.